On top of all this extraordinary features, the Dakar is probably the race with most market impact in the calendar.
Since landed in South America, the Dakar has got an enthusiastic welcome with a delighted public:
- 3 million spectators registered in Argentina
- 600,000 spectators in Chile
- Over 95 % of the interviewed people are proud to welcome the Dakar
The media coverage:
- 1,153 hours of worldwide TV broadcasting
- 78 broadcasters in 189 countries
- 53.3 million pages viewed on www.dakar.com
- 248 journalists (written press, radio and photo) following the whole rally
- 50 to 200 accredited daily journalists
The FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship has extensive coverage in different media, as TV, internet, newspapers and magazines, all across Europe.
And without any doubt the Rally Dakar is one of the sports events with most coverage worldwide.
In TV several channels will follow the race live, offering a daily summaries every night. And a final summary after the conclusion of each Rallye. Some of these channels are EuroSport, RAI, RTL, France 5, Orange Sport, TFI and Infosport.
The Championship is also covered by the specialized press and internet media, such as Gentlemen Drivers, Moto Verte, Raid-Live.com, Emoto, Le journal du 4x4, Fuoristrada, Moto Verde, Motociclismo, Solo Moto Off-road, X-Raid Emotions, and many others. But it is also covered by the general media, which warranties a huge repercussion and coverage across the year.
It’s important to remark the intensive coverage that the event will have in the local media, having a Luxembourg team on the go.